Volunteer at US Together’s Fresh Produce Market

Volunteer at US Together’s Fresh Produce Market

Saturday June 1, 2019 Ascension Lutheran Church
Volunteer with the Mid-Ohio Foodbank

Volunteer with the Mid-Ohio Foodbank

Saturday June 1, 2019 Kroger Community Food Pantry

Recent Activity

Mon May 27th 2:35 am Kyle B. Registered for Volunteer with the Mid-Ohio Foodbank
Mon May 27th 2:32 am Kyle B. Registered as a New Member
May 26th 5:31 pm Kelsy K. Registered for Co-Rec Summer Sand Volleyball 2
May 23rd 11:33 am Michelle B. Registered as a Premium Member
John H. May 7th 8:38 am
This will be my first event with CYP, really looking forward to meeting a lot of great new people! Coffee Talk: Getting Involved in Columbus
Nick T. Apr 29th 7:49 pm
I don’t know if I checked the “I want to be a captain” or not but I’d prefer not to be! :) Summer Soccer (Wednesdays)
Anish M. Apr 23rd 8:23 pm
Softball Schedule & team details will be emailed out Wed. April 24th. Co-Rec Summer Softball
Anish M. Apr 14th 11:18 pm
Volleyball schedules will be emailed out Monday evening. Co-Rec Summer Sand Volleyball I

Young Professionals to Know: Amanda Hamman

Written by CityPulse Columbus

AMANDA HAMMAN, 27
Neighborhood: Grove City
Occupation: Speech-Language Pathologist at RehabCare and Blogger at Girl About Columbus
Twitter handle: @girlaboutcbus

Girl About Columbus, a popular local blog written by Amanda Hamman, 27, provides readers with personal accounts about things to do and places to see in Columbus. Hamman is always out and about experiencing anything and everything that Columbus has to offer – a landscape she feels constantly ebbs and flows. Hamman blogs in order to share those experiences with her loyal fans. “It’s a creative outlet. Basically I was taking a lot of pictures and I wanted to share them.” She may be a Speech-Language Pathologist at RehabCare during the day, but night brings her closer to her passion: connecting people with the city. “I’m just an average girl [who is] really enjoying Columbus and loves sharing it with other people.”

What would you say about your neighborhood? What makes it stand out for you?
While I love to work and play in Columbus, Grove City is the perfect place for me to live, at least right now. It’s close to the city with a great price tag for a home. It’s where my husband and I are choosing to buy our first home this summer actually.

What other neighborhoods do you frequent and what would you say about them?
I frequent downtown, the Short North, Grandview, German Village, and Worthington. They are all are special and each offer something different for residents and tourists, alike.

Favorite Places in Columbus:
Wow such a difficult but great question for me! I have so many but if I were to bring an out-of-towner into Columbus, I would take them to Lindey’s patio, Jeni’s, and The Pint House. Where do I personally frequent the most? I love Easton, The Scioto Mile, and Schiller Park.

#1 favorite event in Columbus:
Red, White & Boom! The fireworks are fabulous and I love the energy and optimism that radiates from everyone that time of the year!

If you could have been the inventor of something, what would it be?
Jeni’s Ice Creams! The brand and products are just absolutely amazing!

What inspires you?
Slowing down to enjoy the beautiful things in life: people, places, music, and food.

Pastimes:
I have no trouble keeping myself entertained. I don’t know what it’s like to be bored. Shopping, exploring Columbus, cooking/baking, traveling, reading, and photography.

Comments

No comments have been posted.

Sponsors